Reliable & Effective
Tulsa Divorce Attorney| Filing For An Uncontested Divorce
Filing for an Uncontested divorce is one of the fastest ways to achieve a divorce. There are some steps you need to take before filing for a uncontested divorce.
It is important to have all of these issues resolved before filing for an uncontested divorce.
1) Child Custody: Resolve who is going to retain child custody or if you are going to file for joint-custody.
2) Child Support: Resolve how much and who is going to be responsible for paying for child support.
3) Property Ownership: Sort out who is going to own your home and where the where the children are going to stay.
4) Debt: resolve how debt is going to be taken care of.
5) Taxes: If you have filed joint-taxes in the past you need to resolve any tax issues.
One all of these issues are drawn up and put into a legal document that both you and your former spouse can agree upon then filing for a uncontested divorce is relatively simple.
We do advise that you take your time on sorting out these issues and get them taken care of in the proper way. You do not want to have to re-visit them again in the future.
An uncontested divorce is the way to go if you can pull it off. This will save you the expense of going to trail and fighting out your disagreements in a Court of Law. The more things you can work out amongst yourself the better off you will be in the long run.
If you are seeking a Tulsa Divorce Attorneys., then please consider giving us a call at Hanson & Hanson Law firm at (918) 409-0634.